Saturday 26 May 2012

Recap of my trip to Kampala


It has been 5 days since I left Iowa. I’ve only been in Kampala, Uganda for 2 days, the other three days I spent traveling. I left Coralville on Monday May 21st, drove about 45 miles east to Moline where I took a flight to Chicago, and then to London.

I had a 10hrs-layover in London, but I was definitely not going to spend it in the Airport. I have an uncle, Papa Eduard, who lives about 20 minutes away from Heathrow International Airport, so I called him to go pick me up from the airport so I could go to his house to take a little rest before the 11hr flight to Entebbe International Airport, Uganda. It took him about 3 hours to show up at the airport, but he did come. He took me to his house where I was able to see my 7 little cousins (Excel, Eduard, Gerald, Richard, Sarah, Jenny, Joshua) plus an 8th one who was born just 3 months ago; her name is Jessica. During the three hours I was at his house, I showered, ate, held and played with my newborn cousin, went to a neighborhood store with Sarah and Jenny for some ice cream, played rugby with Excel and Eduard, and even had some time for facebook chat with some friendsJ


Papa Eduard took me back to the airport about 2hrs before my departure time. My flight was schedule for 9:15pm, we arrived at the airport at around 7pm. We were a little bit delayed due to the London evening traffic jam. I didn’t care though because I didn’t have any luggage to check in, so getting through security was fairly quick.














Entebbe International Airport, in Entebbe Uganda



Antebbe

THANKS FOR READING: UNTIL NEXT TIME






No comments:

Post a Comment