Monday 30 July 2012

Another step closer to the finish line:)


It is July 24, 2012, I am finally finished with my research study! Well, for now. I have finished with what I consider the most difficult and important part of my project, the interviews. I still have to Translate, transcribe, and analyze my findings, but at least I am done for now. Unfortunately I didn’t get the number of participants I planned to get; however, I got enough people to still make a sensible analysis etc. The project wasn’t easy; in fact, it was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done. Before December 2012, I knew nothing about designing and conducting a research study. But now, with the help of many great people from both the West and here in the East, I’ve learned a lot about it. I am so grateful for all the people who helped me accomplish my project, especially Dr. Juliet, Dr. Sarah, and Dr. Liz. I don’t know what I would have done without them. Dr. Sarah helped me designed the study and write a proposal, and arranged for me to collaborate with Drs. Juliet and Liz. Drs. Juliet and Liz made arrangement for me to collaborate with the University of Mbarara and Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital. These three woman and made other people were a great help to me.  Words cannot express the gratitude I have for them. I am also very grateful for my family, friends, coworkers, and professors for their support. Their support and encouragement meant so much to me. There were times I felt incapable of traveling to a strange country like Uganda to do something I knew nothing about, but with their encouragement I was enriched with so much strength and confidence that put me exactly were I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment